Koreshchuk I.I., Kampen K.S., Chechin I.P.
Ukrainian Institute of Arts and Sciences, Bucha, Ukraine
The relevance of the research topic lies in the universality for modern times of the well-known Law of God, called the Ten Commandments. One of the biblical lines that can be used to characterize the global activity of modern humanity is recorded in the Book of Genesis 6:5, it is a remark of Jesus with the following meaning – “the thoughts of their hearts were evil daily.” In the context of the fact that the modern world is full of violence, wars, treachery, revenge, meanness, ambition, etc. sinful deeds, this thesis seems quite true. Such relationships and conflicts generate suffering, oppression, disrespect and other negative consequences that spoil the lives of families, states and civilizations in general. In the course of the study, it was established that when the world was created, God gave people the right to freedom, which consists in the fact that they can choose ways of life development, self-government, etc. This principle was to play an important role in the relationship between mankind and the Creator. After the Fall, the moral and ethical values of mankind developed in the direction of indulging their whims, which ultimately became the basis for the degradation of the moral education of the individual. It is determined that the principles that are based on the texts of the Bible, in particular the books of Exodus chapter 20 and Deuteronomy chapter 5, are universal for modern times. There is written the Decalogue, commonly known as the Ten Commandments. According to the findings of the study, he was supposed to become a measure of the righteousness of mankind. It has been determined that theologians, philosophers and scientists have been studying the importance of this law and the possibilities of its practical application for centuries. It has been established that the issue of the Ten Commandments as the basis of moral education of a person still attracts Bible researchers, motivating the latter to establish or refute these bases in the context of eras, or on the contrary to affirm them. That is why, outlining the importance of studying the connotation of the Decalogue for the people of the 21st century. Is an actual scientific direction. The purpose of the research is to study the interpretation of the content of the Ten Commandments as a tool for moral education of the individual. The problems of the study of the Decalogue are characterized by scientific searches related to the establishment of relevant moral and ethical values that resonate with modern concepts of civilization. Generally established norms of behavior serve to ensure a prosperous coexistence.
Keywords: Ten Commandments, Decalogue, moral education, personal development, the Bible in modern life
Корещук, І.І. Декалог як основа морального виховання особистості / І.І. Корещук, доц. К.С. Кампен, І.П. Чечін // Східноєвропейський журнал внутрішньої та сімейної медицини. – 2023. – № 1. – С. 45-50. doi: 10.15407/internalmed2023.01.045
Koreshchuk II, Kampen KS, Chechin IP. Dekaloh yak osnova moralnoho vykhovannia osobystosti [Decalogue as the basis of the moral education of the individual]. Shidnoevr. z. vnutr. simejnoi med. 2023;1:45-50. Ukrainian. doi: 10.15407/internalmed2023.01.045
- Martyshyn DS. Rol i mistse khrystyianskykh tsinnostei v systemi suspilno-politychnoho rozvytku suchasnoi derzhavy [Internet]. Elektronnyi zhurnal «Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok». 2016;10. Ukrainian. Availanble from: http:// www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=1429 (data zvernennia: 21.10.2022).
- Moskovchuk AV. Dekaloh i problema svobody v moralnoetnichnii kontseptsii adventyzmu : avtoref. dys. … kand. filos. nauk : 09.00.11. Kyiv; 1999. 20 р. Ukrainian
- Yarotskyi PL. Filosofiia liudyny yak osobystosti v refleksiiakh korolia Voityly (papy Ivana Pavla II) ta suchasni sproby yii perehliadu [Internet]. 2011. Ukrainian. Availanble from: http://dspace. nbuv.gov.ua/bitstream/handle/123456789/44228/2011_57_4. pdf?sequence=1 (data zvernennia: 20.10.2022).
- Vitiuk IK. Khrystyianska etyka: Doetychnyi zmist moralnykh zapovidei Dekalohu [Internet]. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. 2014;4:8–12. Ukrainian. Availanble from: https://visnyk. zu.edu.ua/Articles/76/4.pdf (data zvernennia: 12.10.2022).
- Karasik VI. Dekaloh: kulturolohichnyi komentar. Verkhnovolzkyi filolohichnyi visnyk. 2015;1:153–160. Ukrainian
- Huslenko IYu. Estetychne vykhovannia v tsilisnomu pedahohichnomu protsesi. Dukhovnist osobystosti: metodolohiia, teoriia i praktyka. 2010;5:79 –85. Ukrainian
- Necheporenko M. Pedahohichne vykhovannia. Naukovi zapysky kafedry pedahohiky. 2015;29:6 –11. Ukrainian
- Necheporenko MV. Moralne vykhovannia yak pedahohichna y sotsialna problema. Naukovi zapysky kafedry pedahohiky. 2014;36:136–144. Ukrainian
- Stelmakh NV, Ivanova TM. Osoblyvosti moralnoho vykhovannia osobystosti doshkilnyka. [Internet]. Mykolaivskyi natsionalnyi universytet imeni V.O. Sukhomlynskoho. 2013;4(9):259 –271. Ukrainian. Availanble from: http://appsychology.org.ua/ data/jrn/v4/i9/24.pdf (data zvernennia: 13.10.2022).
- Buion A. Zaluchennia vsikh chleniv tserkvy do yevanhelskoho sluzhinnia. Kyiv: Dzherelo zhyttia;2018. 143 р. Ukrainian