DD Kampen К.S., PHD Shevchuk A.V., Stinkovyy М.
Ukrainian Institute of Arts and Sciences, Bucha, Ukraine
The relevance of the research topic is due to the fact that in the era of information technologies, the dangers associated with the consumption of destructive information are often underestimated. Among the various vulnerable social groups in this study, the focus is on people with a Christian worldview. After all, the ratio of new information from the mass media and information related to the fundamental foundations of Christian ideology in the modern digital world is unequal. The main problem of the study is the specificity of the phenomenon of sanctification in the religious life of various denominations, including Christians. However, apart from the latter, the article clearly defines that in the modern world every country has its own traditional religion. That is why the stated problem is considered through the prism of a number of examples, namely the peculiarities of the understanding of sanctification in Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam. This is due to the fact that each religion interprets this term differently. In the course of the research, this topic is considered objectively on the example of its interpretation in Protestantism, in particular, by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. In the actual understanding of this denomination, sanctification is understood as a phenomenon that, with the help of God’s grace, enables a person to harmonize his life with the principles of God’s holy Law. The article states that a person who does not strive for perfection, who does not reach for Christ, cannot be sanctified. After all, there is no point in the fact that a person was consecrated two days ago or a month ago, if he is now defiled. This approach is not traditional for many denominations, but its biblical origins analyzed in the study indicate that the phenomenon of sanctification can be understood in this way. According to the results of the scientists’ work, it is determined that the process of sanctification or purification is accomplished only with the help of Christ’s merit and only with a wide heart. In a person who is not purified, the Spirit of God cannot reside, and if He does not reside, then a person cannot be God’s channel for others. Thus, the problem of understanding the phenomenon of sanctification in view of its own debatable nature requires actual thorough research, in which parallels would be drawn between the way of life of modern Christians and its conformity to the creed.
Key words: sanctification in the life of a Christian, Christianity, the way of life of a Christian, modern challenges for Christians.
- Кампен, К.С. Важливість духовного освячення у формуванні здоров’я людини / К.С. Кампен, В.А. Шевчук, М. Стінковий // Східноєвропейський журнал внутрішньої та сімейної медицини. – 2022. – № 2. – С. 81-85. doi: 15407/internalmed2022.02.081
- Kampen КS, Shevchuk AV, Stinkovyy М. [The importance of spiritual sanctification in the formation of human health]. Shidnoevr. z. vnutr. simejnoi med. 2022;2:81-85. Ukrainian. doi: 10.15407/internalmed2022.02.081
- Katexyzm Katolyc”koyi Cerkvy [Internet]. TrueChristianity. [cited 2022 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www. truechristianity.info/ua/books/catholic_church_catechism/ catholic_church_catechism_content.php. Nazva z ekrana.
- Topics and Answers: Sanctification and Justification. Available from: https://wayback.archive-it.org/all/20080102112002/ https:/www.wels.net/cgi-bin/site.pl?1518&cuTopic_ topicID=45&cuItem_itemID=12095
- Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary. Available from: https://www. studylight.org/lexicons/eng/hebrew/6942.html
- Akademichnyj tlumachnyj slovnyk ukrayins”koyi movy. Available from: http://sum.in.ua/ [cited 2022 Aug 10]. Nazva z ekrana.
- Kohler K. Kiddush Ha-Shem. Sanctification” and “Desecration of the Name. Available from: https://www. jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13170-sanctification-of-thename
- Kohler K. HOLINESS Hebr. “kodesh” and “kedushah,” from a root preserved in the Assyrian. Available from: https://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/7815-holiness (дата звернення: 01.08.2022). — Назва з екрана.
- Campo J. Encyclopedia of Islam. Campo J. S. l.: Infobase Publishing; 2009. 750 p.
- Afanasij Velykyj. Pro vtilennya. Afanasij Velykyj. RIPOL klasyk; 2018. 622 р. Ukrainian
- Rakestro R. Pro te, yak staty Bohom: Yevanhel”s”ke vchennya pro teozu. Zhurnal Yevanhel”s”koho Bohoslovs”koho Tovarystva. 1997;40:257–269. Ukrainian
- Karkkainen V. One with God: Salvation As Deification and Justification. Karkkainen V. Collegeville : Liturgical Press; 2004. 160 p.
- Bloesch D. Sanctification — A Calvinist Viewpoint. Available from: https://learntheology.com/sanctificationcalvinist.html
- Forde G. Christian Spirituality: Five Views of Sanctification. Forde G. S. l.: InterVarsity Press; 1989. 204 p.
- Uajt EH. Velyka borot”ba i najbil”sha nadiya. Kyyiv : Dzherelo zhyttya; 2013. 573 р. Ukrainian
- Uajt EH. Patriarxy i proroky. Kyyiv : Dzherelo zhyttya; 2011. 749 р. Ukrainian
- Bibliya abo Knyhy Svyatoho Pys”ma Staroho j Novoho Zapovitu. Iz movy davn”oyevrejs”koyi j hrec”koyi na ukrayins”ku doslivno nanovo perekladena / per. I. Ohiyenko. Kyyiv : Ukr. Bibl. T-vo; 2013. 1083 р. Ukrainian