Najafova Vafa Nizami
Azerbaijan Medical University, Department of Radiation Diagnostics and Therapy
The use of methods of radiation diagnostics, which, being currently non-invasive and highly effective methods in the diagnosis of secondary liver neoplasms, are of great practical importance in the absence of the specificity of data from both clinical and laboratory methods in the examination of metastatic lesions of the hepatobiliary system organs. Purpose of the study: comparative assessment of the capabilities of radiation methods in the differential diagnosis of liver hemangiomas in patients with overweight and obesity. Materials and research methods. To do this, we conducted a two-step study. The study included 22 patients with primary hepatic hemangioma without liver dystrophy and 18 patients with hemangioma and obesity. At the next stage of the study, the location and number of hemangiomas were studied in 25 patients with hemangioma, but without obesity in the liver, and in 15 people with hemangioma and obesity. The exogenousness of the liver was studied according to the results of ultrasound in patients without (34) and with fatty degeneration of the liver (27). Patients underwent the following examinations: magnetic resonance imaging (MRT), computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound (USI). Study results and discussion: The study showed that localization and hemangiomas in the liver with and without obstruction in 11 of 22 patients identified by MRI had only 1 hemangioma in the liver, which is 50% of the corresponding study group. Numerous hemangiomas were found in the liver in 3 out of 15 patients or in 20% of patients with grade II obesity. Results from MRT and KT studies indicate that patients with or without obesity in the liver are more likely to have single hemangiomas. With the help of ultrasound, it was revealed that in 31 out of 34 patients without steatosis, hyperechogenicity of the liver was observed.
Key Words: fatty liver, hemangioma, MRT, CT, MSCT.
- Наджафова, В.Н. Информативность методов лучевой диагностики в выявлении гемангиом печени // Східноєвропейський журнал внутрішньої та сімейної медицини. – 2021. – № 2(Б). – С. 108-112. doi: 10.15407/internalmed2021.02b.108
- Najafova VN. Informativnost’ metodov luchevoj diagnostiki v vyyavlenii gemangiom pecheni. [Informativeness of methods of radiation diagnostics in the detection of liver hemangiomas]. Shidnoevr. z. vnutr. simejnoi med. 2021; 2b:108-112. Russian. doi: 10.15407/internalmed2021.02b.108
- Skirda IJu, Gladun VM, Zakrevskaja OV. Tochnost’ metodov vizualizacii v diagnostike ostrogo holecistita. Gastrojenterologija. 2015; 1 (55):31—41. Russian https://doi.org/10.22141/2308-2097.1.55.2015.80350
- Cherkasov MF, Groshilin VS, Burcev DV, Nurtdinova GI, Alimova RI, Frolov AI. Ocenka jeffektivnosti jendohirurgicheskogo lechenija neparazitarnyh kist i 139 dobrokachestvennyh novoobrazovanij pecheni. Zhurn. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovanija. 2015; 1: 67-73. Russian
- Shabanova MS. Sopostavlenie rezul’tatov izmerenija stepeni stenozirovanija prosveta koronarnyh arterij pri komp’juternoj tomografii, vnutrisosudistom ul’trazvukovom issledovanii i koronarnoj angiografii. Rossijskij Jelektronnyj Zhurnal Luchevoj Diagnostiki. 2016;Tom 6(3):38-47. Russian
- Kim B, Byun J, Lee J, Park B, Kwon H, Lee J, Lee S, Won H, Shin Y, Kim P. Imaging findings of primary hepatic angiosarcoma on gadoxetate disodium-enhanced liver MRI: comparison with hepatic haemangiomas of similar size. Clinical Radiology. 2018;73(3):244-253. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.crad.2017.09.015
- Tateyama A. Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging features of hepatic hemangioma compared with enhanced computed tomography. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2012;18(43):6269. http://dx.doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v18.i43.6269
- Jang J, Kim M, Jeong S, Kim T, Kim S, Lee S, Suk K, Park S, Woo H, Kim S, Heo J, Baik S, Kim H, Tak W. Current consensus and guidelines of contrast enhanced ultrasound for the characterization of focal liver lesions. Clinical and Molecular Hepatology. 2013;19(1):1. http://dx.doi.org/10.3350/cmh.2013.19.1.1
- Semelka R, Nimojan N, Chandana S, Ramalho M, Palmer S, DeMulder D, Parada Villavicencio C, Woosley J, Garon B, Jha R, Miller F, Altun E. MRI features of primary rare malignancies of the liver: A report from four university centres. European Radiology. 2017;28(4):1529-1539. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00330-017-5102-7
- Ward W, Fluke L, Hoagland B, Zarow G, Held J, Ricca R. The Role of Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography in the Diagnosis of Choledocholithiasis: Do Benefits Outweigh the Costs?. The American Surgeon. 2015;81(7):720-725. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/000313481508100723
- Wu X, Bai X, Yang W, Sun Y, Wang H, Wu W, Chen M, Yan K. Differentiation of atypical hepatic hemangioma from liver metastases: Diagnostic performance of a novel type of color contrast enhanced ultrasound. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2020;26(9):960-972. http://dx.doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v26.i9.960