Prof. Doluda S. M., Prof. Kozidubova V. M., As. Vakulenko A. V., Prof. Goncharov V. E., PhD Barycheva E. N., PHD. Gurnytskiy A.V.
Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education
As the development of approaches to correct compliance disorders in patients with schizophrenia remains relevant today, we examined 112 patients and studied both clinical and psychopathological and pathopsychological features on the background of treatment with neuroleptics. To identify and evaluate clinical and psychological characteristics of patients with varying degrees of adherence to treatment with neuroleptics. For implementation of the objectives of the work both clinical and psychological and psychodiagnostic examination of the mnestic and emotional sphere, personal characteristics and self-esteem in patients were used.The use of the scale of drug compliance gave the opportunity to single out groups of patients with varying degrees of compliance. The application of the technique to study the side effects of antipsychotics revealed a relation between severity of side effects of medications and patients’ compliance. Along with psychopathological features, the group with noncompliance was characterized by the maximum severity of disorders in cognitive sphere. Medical treatment was accompanied with changes in emotional sphere in the form of objective signs of affective discomfort, least pronounced in patients with full compliance. The personal features differing in patients with varying degrees of adherence to treatment were established. Analysis of color associations based on color test relationships with emotionally significant individuals and concepts revealed the most pessimistic associations with negative values of colors in relation to health and disease in patients with noncompliance. Self-assessment of patients with noncompliance was characterized by the lowest rates in contrast to patients with partial and full compliance. The revealed psychodiagnostic features make up pathopsychological complexes of symptoms, which serve as differential diagnostic criteria of compliance of varying degrees.
Key Words: noncompliance, schizophrenia, antipsychotics, psychodiagnostics
1. Doluda, S.M., Kozidubova, V.M., Vakulenko, A.V., Goncharov, V.E., Barycheva, E.N., Gurnytskiy, A.V. Disturbance of compliance in patients with paranoid schizophrenia in the process of neuroleptic treatment // Східноєвропейський журнал внутрішньої та сімейної медицини. – 2021. – №1. – С. 58-63. doi: 10.15407/internalmed2021.01.058
2. Doluda SM, Kozidubova VM, Vakulenko AV, Goncharov VE, Barycheva EN, Gurnytskiy AV. Disturbance of compliance in patients with paranoid schizophrenia in the process of neuroleptic treatment. Shidnoevr. z. vnutr. simejnoi med. 2021;1:58-63. doi: 10.15407/internalmed2021.01.058
1. Gutkevich E, Semke A. Family-oriented psychological rehabilitation in schizophrenia. 11th World Congress of World Association of Psychological Reabilitation. Abstracts. Milan, Italy. 2012;:327-328.
2. Roffman J, Brohawn D, Nitenson A, Macklin E, Smoller J, Goff D. Genetic Variation Throughout the Folate Metabolic Pathway Influences Negative Symptom Severity in Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 2011;39(2):330-338. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/schbul/sbr150
3. Abramov VA, Putiatyn HH. Dezintehratsiia identychnosti osobystosti v protsesi formuvannia styhmy u khvorykh na shyzofreniiu. Ukrainskyi visnyk psykhonevrolohii. 2014.T. 22; 2 (79): 59-65. Ukrainian
4. Lutova NB, Neznanov NG, Vid VD. Komplaens v psihiatrii i sposob ego ocenki. Psihiatrija i psihofarmakoterapija im. P.B. Gannushkina. 2008; 1:8-12.
5. McGorry P, Allot K, Jackson H. Diagnosis and the staging model of psychosis The recognition and management of early psychosis. Cambridge University Press. 2012;:17-27.
6. . Zakal’ KJu. Klinicheskie prediktory vyskogo i niz’kogo urovnej medikamentoznogo komplaensa u bol’nyh paranoidnoj shizofreniej s nepreryvnym tipom techenija. Ukraїns’kij vіsnik psihonevrologії. 2016. T. 24;2(87): 43-46.
7. Lutova NB. Struktura komplaensa u bol’nyh s jendogennymi psihicheskimi rasstrojstvami: avtoref. dis.. na soiskanie uch. stepeni dok. med. nauk: spec. 14.01.16, 19.00.04. Lutova Natalija Borisovna. SPb;2013. 49 Р. Russian
8. Fusar-Poli P, Nelson B, Valmaggia L, Yung A, McGuire P. Comorbid Depressive and Anxiety Disorders in 509 Individuals With an At-Risk Mental State: Impact on Psychopathology and Transition to Psychosis. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 2012;40(1):120-131. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/schbul/sbs136
9. Lafeuille M, Frois C, Cloutier M, Duh M, Lefebvre P, Pesa J, Clancy Z, Fastenau J, Durkin M. Factors Associated with Adherence to the HEDIS Quality Measure in Medicaid Patients with Schizophrenia. Am Health Drug Benefits. 2016; 9(7):399-410.
10. Froggatt D. Getting your life back – Part 2: The concept of recovery. WFSAD Newsletter. 2007. 3rd Quarter. P. 1-4.
11. Vaghee S, Salarhaji A, Asgharipour N. Effects of Psychoeducation on Stigma in Family Caregivers of Patients with Schizophrenia: A Clinical Trial. Journal of Evidence Based Care. 2015;5(3):63-76.
12. Shestopalova LF. Kozhevnikova VA, Borodavko OO. Umovy i zakonomirnosti formuvannia komplaiensu khvorykh na nevrolohichni ta psykhichni rozlady (psykholohichnyi analiz). Medytsynskaia psykholohyia. 2015.T. 10;10: 3-7. ch Ukrainian
13. Shamsaei F, Cheraghi F, Bashirian S. Burden on Family Caregivers Caring for Patients with Schizophrenia. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry. 2015; 10(4):239-245.
14. Ghoreishi A, Kabootvand S, Zangani E. Prevalence and attributes of criminality in patients with schizophrenia. J In Violence Res. 2015;7(1):7-12.